Tuesday, August 6, 2019

My pants betrayed me.

Today was the ride to Ohio

The kids were so good while I packed up the room.
B snuggled baby F

B is having a new experience with real T.V. Both his father and I only have netflix in our homes so he isn't used to the torture of commercial brakes. Every time they come on, he rolls on the floor begging us to put his show back on.

My mom managed to get  a video of our big tv debut!

It's not going to be easy to live with this new found fame ya'll.


They managed not to burn the hotel down during breakfast this morning. They did eat enough, I think the hotel may reconsider their all you can eat policy.

Then we drove the 115 miles to Ohio. The drive was smooth and I even made a new friend.
This tiny cricket seriously held me up for 20 minutes. It was so cute and I had a hard time getting it out of the car because I was afraid to hurt it!


By the time we got to our destination we still had 4 hours to wait for check in at our hotel and the skies were blue so we decided to go waterful hunting. I had considered taking them hiking today but Ohio forests have bears and honestly, I don't know the trails. The last thing I wanted to do was get lost and be eaten by a bear. I felt a bit of a flop not being brave enough but it made my Mama happy lol. So I decided on waterfalls we could drive and do short hikes to.

First stop was Brandywine falls. 





"I think we hear water Mom"

"I cant believe they didn't wait for us Mommy"







It was worth it!

This area was so cool, it was surrounded by old ruins. I forget of what and I didn't take pictures because this is the part where the kids all got hangry, and I went in to full on survival, just make it back to the car mode. No joke lol.

 Oh... I lie... There was one picture I took, because it made me laugh way too hard.

Ohio takes its trash seriously guys. (I have been on the road for days lol) Also some locals were totally eyeballing the crazy, purple hair lady, with 5 children, hopping about taking pictures of their trash cans....

We stopped and had a car picnic, used the bathroom and then it was back on the road to find our next waterfall.  Buttermilk falls. Which we NEVER FOUND. True story lol.

So where we actually went was our last stop, Blue Hen Falls.


Guys, I climbed down that with a baby strapped to my body and a 3 year old in tow. I felt invincible.


We had so much fun playing in the water, until someone yelled snake lol.


This is two seconds before it started raining... 


Look at this boy go!


Then it started to pour and thunder lol. 

Then my pants totally betrayed me and I had to walk up a giant hill, in the pouring rain with my butt hanging out! It was honestly the most fun ever.

Pants of betrayal.

We got in the car, pulled on our pjs and decided to drive to our hotel. We ended up being stopped for a while by a big freight train. The kids were excited to watch it.
We got to the hotel an hour before we were supposed to check in but the lady let us in our room anyway. I was so grateful. 
We plopped on the beds and crashed. All this evening holds for us now is T.v and Pizza as we are all wiped out. Oh and James is hard at work, building his obligatory couch pillow fort. I wish I had been keeping picture documents of them all lol.

Tomorrow we drive to Indiana where we will be for a week. We are excited to visit family and meet up with our friends who will be with us for the remainder of our trip. It's around 5 hours away.
I'm still unsure if we will drive the 30 minutes out of the way to Cleveland to see Lake Erie. I feel like I am missing an opportunity if we don't, but it will depend on how sick of the car the kids are, if my back is still hurting, and how well the weather holds up.

Time for a hot shower and hopefully an early night!

Thanks for reading all.

-Sophie










No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicago

Our day had a lovely slow start. I laid in my bed for as long as possible (8am), we meandered down stairs for breakfast. We actually managed...