Thursday, August 8, 2019

Indiana Day 1

Our first day in indiana has been pretty excellent.

Breakfast at this hotel is amazing. They have more choice than the kids know what to do with.
They ate so much, not one of them said the word "snack" to me until lunch time.
B was particularly happy because he thought his chocolate waffles were brownies.
My mom laughed at me because  I described the fruit as magazine fruit. I just meant, it looked good, not bruised up and gross.

We stepped outside to clean out the car a little. It felt like I was driving a rolling trash mobile and it didn't smell much better. I was so excited to discover Gracie has used her map of the U.S to locate the license plates we have found and color in the specific states. I have managed to sneak in a little geography!



Then our friends came and we followed them to a local county fair. It was still early-ish in the morning so none of the rides, or food were open, the air was cool and there was hardly anyone there!
We walked around looking at all the animals, I found several I wanted to smuggle home. One cow in particular, I felt I should call it Taco and put it in my mini van. Apparently that is not allowed though. I had such a wonderful time and it reminded me so much of the day my Mother took me to the royal agricultural show as a child. I am thrilled my kids got to experience this and I hope they remember it as fondly as I have.
   


B really wanted to bring this goat home.

I feel like her picture iis accurate and adorable.

This one too!


I feel like I could have fit this in my minivan.... Taco (I named it) Is the cutest cow ever!

Serenity is not afraid of pigs... 


These two watched the freshly born cow, stand up for the first time.


I would like a flock of black chickens...

I didn't know horses could be soo tall!






We also stopped at a local store. The kids (and I) really loved this little guy!

After the fairground, we grabbed a quick bite to eat. Then my friend took me on a tour of her childhood home. It was fun to see where she grew up, and let the kids play.

We attempted to take the kids swimming but unfortunately the pool needed one more day to clear after being cleaned yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow it will be good to go. We decided to let the kids play at a playground instead.
It was lovely. Megan, Baby F, and I, all sat in the shade of a tree on my picnic blanket. I laid back and watched the clouds roll by. It's probably the most relaxed  I have felt in quite some time.

We parted ways with our friends and came back to the hotel. I took care of a few chores and then upon discovering all my bread had grown a fur coat, we decided to walk to the gas station.
We whatever we could make in one small microwave and headed back to cook up our feast.
I think we were hungry enough to appreciate whatever it was we brought home.

The day ended with us all snuggled up watching movies. Everyone went to be very easily and I am hoping that means they wake up rested.

Tomorrow we have to switch to another room in hotel. Thankfully this is the last move we will have to make before we get back on the road. We also get to visit family, which is going to be on of the best parts of our trip!

Well that's about it for today.

Goodnight all

- Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicago

Our day had a lovely slow start. I laid in my bed for as long as possible (8am), we meandered down stairs for breakfast. We actually managed...