Friday, August 9, 2019

The Stookeys

Today has been such an awesome day! Unfortunately at the time of writing this blog I was unable to add pictures so I have come back to add them, which means they are all just added at the bottom of the post.

The kids and I enjoyed another awesome breakfast. We also managed to get dressed, pack up the car and check out of the hotel by 9. I was pretty proud of myself!

Today we got to visit family. The last time I was here seeing these wonderful people, I was 7 months pregnant with G but it was like it was just last week.
I can't tell you how much I love them. They are kind, warm generous people.

We arrived early. and D let me launder all of our clothes (which is not for the feint of heart when you are toting 5 kids around in a van for a week.). This made my life so much easier as the hotel charges $5 a load to wash!
They had put up balloons for my birthday which I must admit made me feel so touched.
They had set up toys and games for the kids which the kids dove right in to!
It was so great to sit and catch up.
Then D cooked all the kids favorite foods. It was quite the feast!
Then it was time to swim.  My children could not have been happier. It was hard to drag them out for dinner. B even managed to charm D in to getting in the pool with her. Those big chocolate eyes are very hard to resist. Even when your fully dressed and had not been planning to get wet!
I was treated to a margarita while the kids played, which happens to be my favorite drink!

Baby F fell in love with D's oldest daughter and I feel like it was very much mutual. She has been loved on and snuggled all day.
Although nothing with beat B's adoration for the human Cat he got to sit with. If cartoon heart eyes could appear in real life, It would have been my son! I am pretty sure if C told B he could live with her forever, I wouldn't have even got a kiss goodbye.

We ate some yummy spaghetti for dinner and Darlene surprised me with a beautiful chocolate birthday cake. It was so so good! Everyone sang me happy birthday and it was a  lovely end to the day.

Even my sweet, shy S had a wonderful time. All the way home she told me she wished she was brave enough to tell Baron how much she loved him and spending time with him. She calls him "My favorite big cousin".
I am so grateful for all their hard work and kindness that went in to making this day relaxing and fun.

I am also super excited as we will get to see them again before we leave for Kentucky in a week.

We got back to the hotel around 8 and got to check in to our new room. It is so very very big. The kids feel like we rented an apartment. We are so spoiled to be living in such luxury!  It didn't take long to get everyone settled and ready for bed. We enjoyed watching Ninja warrior for a little bit but soon the cute little snores started echoing around the room from each little bed. 

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, Baron drew me a picture of the space station DS-9 for my birthday. I am excited to hang it in my room when I get home!

I know tomorrow I am going to wake up and think of 100 things I wish I had added in this blog. I have laughed all day long but unfortunately my head is pounding and making my eyes hurt so I need to get to sleep.

What a wonderful start to my last year in my 20''s.

Goodnight all

- Sophie







No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicago

Our day had a lovely slow start. I laid in my bed for as long as possible (8am), we meandered down stairs for breakfast. We actually managed...