Sunday, August 11, 2019

Down day

before I start this blog, I have to vent a little. One of my blog pages is gone, "disaster day" and I have no idea how or why but I am so sad about it. Although, if one of my days had to go missing im at least glad it was the least fun one...

Anyway, I have named this blog down day, as that was what today was supposed to be, but it ended up just being another awesome fun packed extravaganza.

This morning I had wanted a slow start, laying in bed until it was time to get breakfast and then we would spend the afternoon playing games and watching movies, but alas it was not meant to be.
Instead two of my children had accidents and we had soggy puddles for beds.
Which meant stripping off the beds and getting out of the hotel so as to not meet the maid... I am too british to be able to sit in a room while someone makes my bed and I felt we would just be in the way.
I got us dressed and we headed down for breakfast.

I thought breakfast would give me a chance to come up with a game plan but it was very crowded downstairs today so by the time we finished and got in the car, I still had no idea.

Thankfully just before we pulled out of the parking lot Megan called us. They invited us to go to Wicker Memorial park so that's where we headed.
The kids ran and played in the splash pad for two hours. They had a wonderful time. Megan's parents even treated them all to ice cream during a play brake.
I brought Leeta along and she enjoyed hanging out in the fresh air.





I am ashamed to say, I was so caught up in the bird I failed to get any pictures of the kids splashing! Oops!!

Soon we started to get hungry, but before lunch Megan has somewhere fun to swing by.

She took us by the driving range where the kids were allowed to pick up as many balls as they could find outside the gates (which is many).
It was like a mid-year Easter egg hunt and all the kids had a blast.

Then we went for some of the most delicious tacos EVER! I had jerk chicken, and steak and tater.
The service was so incredibly slow but I would say worth every minute.

The plan after that was to relax at the hotel, but that was just not how this day wanted to go. S forgot her headphones and ended up not being able to use the bathroom at the restaurant. I tried my best to get her home in time but we hit traffic and it ended up too late. We ran back to the hotel room to shower and change and to my surprise our beds were still waiting for new sheets so after a quick clean up we headed back to our car. Thankfully we were able to clean the car fairly easily and then we had a fun idea.
We took them to a candy factory!

Allbernese

The kids were surprised  The room was huge and filled with every kind of candy I could think of, and more.
At the back of the shop is the factory and you can peek through the giant glass windows to watch the candy being made.
Megan's mom decided she hadn't spoiled her newly adopted grandbabies enough and told them to go nuts, with no limits.
My children were like cavemen in a feeding frenzy. 
I walked around semi unaware of the full extent of the situation. I picked up a few gifts, and treated the kids to a giant bag of the factory rejects. Candy that is perfectly good but misshapen so unable to be sold at regular price.
 Then we got outside and reality surfaced.
My children has taken Grandma at her word and bought more than they could even carry.



Safe to say, by the time we got to the place we went for dinner, their eyes were spinning in their heads.
We went to a cute little pizza place and sat and talked for a while.

Then it was back to Megan's to pick up Leeta and then off to the hotel.
We watched finding nemo, cleaned out the birdcage and then it was time for sleep.

But not with out time for a quick snap of their crazy haul!

I am just relieved they actually went to sleep tonight! Tomorrow is a big day. We take the train to Chicago! I am very excited.

Anyway, time to get to sleep.

Goodnight all 

- Sophie









No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicago

Our day had a lovely slow start. I laid in my bed for as long as possible (8am), we meandered down stairs for breakfast. We actually managed...